Friday, April 30, 2010

On Arizona's Illegal Immigration Bill

There has been a lot of hoopla in the news lately about Arizona's new immigration law. I personally think it's is a great bill. I don't have time to jot down all my thoughts on immigration policy, but I wanted to make a two quick points.

First, most people who are complaining about the new law have no idea what they are talking about, and have certainly not read the bill. Good articles are here and here.

Second, I really get ticked off at Mexico complaining about this law. Apparently, the mayor of Mexico city is considering joining lawsuits to stop the law. Hypocrisy, thy name is Mexico - e.g., Mexico is one to talk. I would be fine if the U.S. adopted an immigration policy similar to that of Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment